WorkAbility is an individualized and supportive employment program owned and operated by UCP of Southern Arizona (UCPSA) a non-profit organization dedicated to teaching and preparing people with disabilities for competitive, integrated, and sustainable work opportunities in southern Arizona.
Starting Line For Employment Sessions
- Fall Semester has started! We go from August 5th until December 20th.
- Spring Semester starts on January 6th through May 22, 2020.
- Summer Session start up from June 1st through July 24th.
- If you are interested in attending any of our Starting Line For Employment sessions, contact: Brande Kitzberger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay tuned for orientation dates!
Up coming Events
Twice per year, WorkAbility students participate in the Entrepreneurship week. They create a product, research, create a marketing plan, and then sell their wares at the Rillito Heirloom Farmer’s Market! This experience allows students to practice all of the skills they are learning throughout the semester. We have a gourmet popcorn line that we make as a way to participate in the Farmers market. The popcorn flavors range from Garlic Parmesan to Sriracha Vanilla Honey, made with organic ingredients. Students assist with baking, labeling, and bagging the popcorn.
The event is December 8th, come join us, sample our popcorn, and shop our wares
Donations made to WorkAbility/UCPSA qualify for the Arizona Tax Credit. Donors can receive a tax credit up to $200 for individuals and $400 for couples. The credit is automatic; no special form is needed.
We use donations and grants to fund our technology needs such as computers and software for our computer lab and products and equipment for our WorkAbility Cafe.
We value our Donors!
Please visit our donor page by clicking the button below.
What does it mean to be a WorkAbility Partner?
- Access to Disability Awareness Training to their management and staff
- Have a resource in WorkAbility to answer questions and provide direction for employees with diverse abilities
- Access to an untapped talenet pool of individuals with diverse abilities
- Advertisement on the WorkAbility website
- Potential to be an internship site for students to work on tasks to assist the business
- Possibly provide an opportunity for an individual(s) to be employed