How do I get started with WorkAbility?

You may call and request a tour of our program. If you choose WorkAbility as your employment services program, you would need either a referral from DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities) and/or VR (Vocational Rehabilitation) or the ability to private pay for services and supports.

How is WorkAbility funded for the services you provide?

We have contracts through Division of Developmental Disabilities and Vocational Rehabilitation both of which fund different services. Our contracts through DDD is Transition to Employment (TTE) and other employment services. The contracts WorkAbility has through VR are:

  • Pre-Employment Transition Services
  • Disability Rehabilitation Employment Services (DRES) which is Job Search and Placement
  • Career Exploration 
  • Supported Education
 Private pay is also an option for services.
What does it mean to be integrated and competitively employed?

Integrated means you will be working out in the community. WorkAbility does not have sheltered work programs or facility jobs for you. Competitive employment means you will be getting jobs that pay at least minimum wage. WorkAbility does not participate in sub – minimum jobs.

Which TTE class is right for me?

It depends on where you are in the employment readiness process. WorkAbility has a variety of classes and levels. We encourage potential members to set up a tour and meet with the Curriculum Services Coordinator to strategize which class is right for you. We also hold orientations throughout the year.

Will I lose my Social Security benefits if I get a job?

Not necessarily. We encourage members to get on the Disability 101 website to become informed of their benefit rights.