Qualifications and Expectations
Have an Impact and Support People to Gain Integrated Employment!
- Transportation is must
- Positions are part time
- Must have technology experience
- Must be able to complete to the Direct Care Worker training, Article 9, CPR, and 1st AIDE
- Must pass a Background Check and Fingerprint Clearance
- Advocate and support all individuals with a disability to obtain integrated, meaningful, and sustainable employment
- Provide Customized Employment
- Provide on the job supports to members and employers
- Provide opportunities for people with disabilities to experience professional relationships within an employment setting
- Provide exposure, preparedness, and training for employment in a classroom and/or community environment
- Educate and provide outreach to businesses on the benefits of employing people with disabilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential employers
- Partner with community organizations and high schools
What Do We Expect From Our Employees?
Follow Our Philosophy
We take a holistic approach to supporting a person on their employment and/or journey to independence. “Life without Limits for All!” We follow Employment First Principles and customized employment practices. We also encourage self determination in each other and of our members.
We also value customer service and truly focus on providing quality services to our members and employers that we do business with.
We do not enable or HAND OUT jobs. Jobs are earned if a person wants to work!
Support Person Centered practices
We incorporate Person Centered Practices in all of our sessions and classroom settings. We believe a person needs a strong foundation built on feeling a sense of ownership of their lives, feeling supported as a “Real” person – a human being with needs, wants and desires, and having choices on what that may look like.
Practice Self Determination
We expect all of our employees to practice self – determination for themselves and encourage this philosophy in th members and students in WorkAbility
We expect all of our employees to participate in building partnerships and breaking down the barriers to employment for people with disabilities
We expect our coaches to follow the mission, policies and procedures, work ethic, Employment First principles, and overall philosophy of the WorkAbility program and UCP of Southern AZ.
Job CArving CustomizingWorkAbility Puts The Employer's Needs to Work!
Job carving and customizing may need to happen occasionally for some of our members. We like to think its an amazing opportunity to partner with businesses in order to meet their needs and cut down on retention and the cost of recruitment. WorkAbility coaches may be doing some carving and customizing when they are developing.
Here is a great video showcasing how this coffee shop carved and customized one of their jobs for a job seeker!
Go to ODEP for more info on Customized Employment
Good Job Development and coaching
What Does Good Job Development and Coaching Look Like?
- Meeting the person where they are
- Provide Customized Employment
- Supporting people to match up with a job that fits their skill set, interests, and culture
- Assessing skills and abilities and teaching people to self assess
- Follow code ethics
- Building, educating, and maintaining relationships with employers
- Demonstrate and practice professionalism in all areas
- Maintain relationships with state funding agencies and school districts
- Understand the employment landscape and legislation of Arizona
- Understand the Work Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Americans Disability Act (ADA)
Contact Us at email@example.com
We are proud of our team! Here is our quarterly staff profile.
This month is focussed on Matiana Cascio. Matiana is an employment specialist. She exuberantly teaches our 10 week employment workshop which covers an array of work readiness topics. She is graduating with an education degree. We are so lucky to have her!
We Put Your Abilities
Anyone Can Work
If They Want!